Lyon-Martin recognizes the relationship between the physical, emotional and psychological aspects of a patient’s health. Our philosophy is to offer a holistic approach to care, attempting to address each of these factors. To that end, our mental health providers closely collaborate with our medical providers to offer a range of services that support patients’ emotional and psychological well-being. These services are affirmative, sex-positive, respectful and culturally sensitive.
Our therapists are Licensed Clinical Social Workers (LCSWs) with expertise in the following areas:
- Gender transition and trans identities
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer and questioning identities
- Reduction of the harmful effects of substance use
- Eating disorders and other compulsive behaviors
- Depression, anxiety, and PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder)
- Short-term psychotherapy (typically 12-20 sessions)
- Motivational counseling to encourage behavior change and reduce harm
- Therapy groups
- Psychiatric Evaluation (typically 1-3 sessions)
- Psychotropic medication management through primary care
In order to participate we require a brief mental health screening to determine eligibility.
We encourage anyone attending group therapy to also be engaged in individual therapy either at Lyon-Martin or elsewhere.
Call (415) 565-7667 ext 351 for more information including cost.
We accept MediCare and MediCal. Private insurance is plan-dependent — please check with your carrier. Uninsured clients may be eligible for sliding scale fees, based upon income and family size.