The psychiatric nurse practitioner will work collaboratively with a team of talented and dedicated primary care providers, medical assistants, mental health and psychiatric providers, patient care coordinators, and registered nurses to provide patients with comprehensive quality healthcare that addresses both biomedical and psychosocial needs. The core responsibilities include a high degree of interpersonal competence with both staff and patients and evidence-based approaches to routine psychiatric care, medication management, and supporting gender transition.
For the right candidate, this position presents an opportunity to take on a leadership role: improving the quality of care provided to patients; developing new and innovative programs; or shaping the future direction of LMHS. We are passionate about what we do, and we are looking for someone who shares the same in delivering high caliber and compassionate care.
The ideal candidate will have at least two years of work experience in a community health center or outpatient medical or mental health setting. The position collaborates with the Consulting Psychiatrist. While not a deal-breaker, a roguish sense of humor is appreciated.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a master’s degree
- Possession of a valid California license as an PMHNP with furnishing number
- Possession of national certification from the AANP
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration Certificate
- Two years’ experience in ambulatory care setting preferred
- Possession of BCLS/CPR certification
- Experience serving LBT, marginalized, and HIV populations preferred
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Intelligent and warm with excellent listening skills and a strong fund of knowledge
- Fluent or bilingual in Spanish a huge plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced clinic environment
- Commitment to the mission of Lyon-Martin and to community-based primary care
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage and de-escalate crisis situations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations
Salary: $81,600- $91,800 based on 100% FTE, plus HealthRIGHT 360 offers a comprehensive benefits package
FLSA Status: Exempt
Click Here to Apply