Do you want to be a leader in LGBTQ health locally, regionally and nationally? Are you passionate about creating a professional environment where patients are treated with compassion, dignity and respect? Do you want to work for an organization that is making a difference in counties across California? If so, HealthRIGHT 360 is currently looking to fill a Medical Director position opening at our Lyon Martin Health Services in San Francisco! The ideal candidate has 3+ years’ experience in community clinic and ambulatory care, managing clinicians, and knowledge of populations with varying lifestyles, gender identities as well as ethnic and cultural backgrounds. In this position you will gain clinical leadership skills both within the health center and the community while making meaningful changes in the lives of many. Sound interesting? Below you will find a more detailed description of some of the duties and requirements for this position.
We are looking for an intelligent, dynamic individual to join our team. The ideal candidate understands that offering patients a professional setting where they are treated with dignity, respect and compassion isn’t just an ideal; it is the way and reason that we run our organization.
The Medical Director is a member of the leadership team. They acts as a clinical leader by providing strategic vision, directly supervising medical providers and students/residents, increasing staff competencies and satisfaction, and improving the overall quality of clinical services. The Medical Director serves a consultative role and informs the Administrative Team on medically related issues.
Additionally, they provide medical care to a panel of patients on a part-time basis, including providing after hours coverage for the clinic by telephone on a rotating basis. They will work closely with mental health providers to provide a holistic and integrated model of care. They are expected to maintain a high degree of professional competence and the highest possible ethical standards, and to function as part of a care-giving team. In all of their work, they uphold and imbue in others a commitment to addressing racism, and gender and sexual discrimination within the organization and our clinical practice.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Board Certified/Eligible in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Current California State License and Registration
- DEA Controlled Substances Registration Certificate
- Bilingual English/Spanish language ability strongly preferred
- 3+ years clinical experience in clinic setting preferred
- Commitment to the mission of Lyon-Martin and to community-based primary care Knowledge of third party payer requirements, California practice guidelines and malpractice laws, Title 22, Bureau of Primary Health Care and state funding sources preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; creativity and enthusiasm in problem- solving
- Ability to work cooperatively, foster team spirit, show good judgment in unusual and emergent situations
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility and comfort in anticipating and managing change in a small, fast-paced non- profit clinic
Type: Hourly/ Non-exempt
Benefits: HealthRIGHT 360 offers a competitive benefits package
Status: Full Time