HealthRIGHT 360 is currently looking to fill a Lead Nurse opening at our Lyon-Martin Health Services and Women’s Community Clinic location in San Francisco with someone who is interested in advancing quality, compassionate care for the underserved and building a high-performing team.
Lyon-Martin Health Services was founded in 1979 in response to the lack of understanding for how to provide evidence-based health care to lesbians. Since 1999, the Women’s Community Clinic has used an innovative workforce development-based business model to provide affordable and accessible health care services to Bay Area women and girls. In the spring of 2018, while preserving each organization’s unique specializations and orientation to care, Lyon-Martin Health Services and Women’s Community Clinic have come together under one roof. This facility allows both clinics to expand their service offerings and provide comprehensive and welcoming care to heterosexual and bisexual women, transgender people, and lesbians in one space.
The ideal candidate for the Lead Nurse role has demonstrated leadership managing a successful clinical team and teaching learners, and experience implementing clinical and quality improvement programs. In this position you will gain experience within a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) providing health care in an integrated medical and mental health care setting for an underserved population. Additionally, this position offers career development towards greater leadership roles within a large health organization! Sound interesting? Below you will find a more detailed description of some of the duties and requirements.
• Manage a team of nurses to deliver high-quality results and provide ongoing recognition, feedback, and support to develop nurses’ professional skills;
• In conjunction with the Medical Provider Lead, provide clinical leadership to support staff, including Medical Assistants, Patient Care Coordinators, and Front Office Administrative Assistants;
• Lead training of Medical Assistants, nursing students, and volunteers to improve the skills of back office staff as appropriate;
• Demonstrate comfort in changing systems, champions change, and supports change processes;
• Demonstrate commitment to mission of the organization, healthcare of cisgender women and transgender people, harm reduction, client centered care, racial justice, and community-oriented primary care.
Education and Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- LGBT Cultural competence and able to work with a diverse population
- Commitment to working in an environment offering abortion services and the full-scope of pregnancy options counseling
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and possession of a valid California license as a registered nurse
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, specifically Word Outlook and Internet applications
- Reliability: Accountable; maintains focus; punctual; good attendance record; meets deadlines.
Benefits: plus HealthRIGHT 360 offers a comprehensive benefits package
Click here to apply