Reports to: Clinic Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take patients to examination rooms, document patients’ chief complaint, weight, temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, and pain score and prepare room for visit
- Assist providers with medical office procedures.
- Collect samples such as urine, blood and stool specimens as directed by provider and prepare specimens for transport to laboratory.
- Perform CLIA-waived laboratory tests as available in-house and perform appropriate quality control measures for each test.
- Perform phlebotomy, administer medications and immunizations and place PPDs.
- Release personal health information according to Lyon-Martin policies and procedures and HIPAA regulations.
- Promptly document all care provided, including telephone calls, in the medical record following charting protocols and applicable CA state requirements.
- Maintain equipment in examination rooms and laboratory.
- Prepare laboratory test results for review by providers.
- Clean, organize, and stock the laboratory and exam rooms
- Perform inventory on emergency kit, medications, vaccines and supplies, discard expired stock and order to keep stock current and adequate for clinical care.
- Disinfect and sterilize re-usable medical supplies; perform microbial testing monthly with autoclave.
- Perform quality control testing and maintain laboratory logs.
- Act as point of contact for reference laboratories, hazardous waste disposal companies,
- Assist in training new volunteers and/or staff in job functions.
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Along with colleagues, assist in continuous quality improvement through on-going problem/needs identification and problem solving.
- Represent Lyon-Martin at and/or attend conferences, in-service trainings, and meetings at the request or with approval of supervisor.
- Complete all mandatory trainings on an annual basis, including but not limited to Confidentiality, Fire Safety, Incident Reporting, Child Abuse and Maltreatment and Domestic Violence, and Infection Control.
- Comply with all aspects of Lyon-Martin Policies and Procedures as well as all Lyon-Martin agreements with insurers and other entities, and all applicable statutes, regulations, governmental agency guidelines, and non-governmental oversight body requirements that place requirements on Lyon-Martin.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor to maintain a high level of patient-centered care.