Reports to: Clinic Director
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Take patients to examination rooms, document patients’ chief complaint, weight, temperature, pulse rate, respiratory rate, blood pressure, and pain score and prepare room for visit
2. Assist providers with medical office procedures.
3. Collect samples such as urine, blood and stool specimens as directed by provider and prepare specimens for transport to laboratory.
4. Perform CLIA-waived laboratory tests as available in-house and perform appropriate quality control measures for each test.
5. Perform phlebotomy, administer medications and immunizations and place PPDs.
6. Release personal health information according to Lyon-Martin policies and procedures and HIPAA regulations.
7. Promptly document all care provided, including telephone calls, in the medical record following charting protocols and applicable CA state requirements.
8. Maintain equipment in examination rooms and laboratory.
9. Prepare laboratory test results for review by providers.
10. Clean, organize, and stock the laboratory and exam rooms
11. Perform inventory on emergency kit, medications, vaccines and supplies, discard expired stock and order to keep stock current and adequate for clinical care.
12. Disinfect and sterilize re-usable medical supplies; perform microbial testing monthly with autoclave.
13. Perform quality control testing and maintain laboratory logs.
14. Act as point of contact for reference laboratories, hazardous waste disposal companies,
15. Assist in training new volunteers and/or staff in job functions.
16. Participate in monthly staff meetings.
17. Along with colleagues, assist in continuous quality improvement through on-going problem/needs identification and problem solving.
18. Represent Lyon-Martin at and/or attend conferences, in-service trainings, and meetings at the request or with approval of supervisor.
19. Complete all mandatory trainings on an annual basis, including but not limited to Confidentiality, Fire Safety, Incident Reporting, Child Abuse and Maltreatment and Domestic Violence, and Infection Control.
20. Comply with all aspects of Lyon-Martin Policies and Procedures as well as all Lyon-Martin agreements with insurers and other entities, and all applicable statutes, regulations, governmental agency guidelines, and non-governmental oversight body requirements that place requirements on Lyon-Martin.
21. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor to maintain a high level of patient-centered care.